Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Challenged!

It's summer!  For me it's never officially summer till July 4th and the fireworks have announced it.  I spent my Independence day relaxing and actually playing with beads.  I took advantage of the day to create my entry for the Etsy Beadweaver's August Challenge which has the theme "Summer Juicy Fruit". As you can see, my fruit was watermelon....THE summer fruit!

As I didn't have time to  design a completely new piece I used an old design and spiced it up.  In my efforts to teach a difficult stitch, cubic RAW, I had designed this 'conjoined twins' bracelet.  Actually I originally designed it as a bangle because I wasn't happy with any of the clasps I could find but with my exploration into magnets I managed to create the perect clasp for it this time.

This picture shows the construction the best, the twin strands coming together in a block medallion and the ends coming together for the clasp.

I'm really happy with how it turned out...it certainly screams summer for me and it's good to revisit old designs and breathe new life into them.

Today it's back to illustrating for me...Sand Dollars and DecaDiscs.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.